Eligibility Criteria for Members / IIHR Students
Any applicant who wishes to apply for CHRG®, CHRP® and CHRM® Certifications needs to comply with the following Pre-Requisite Requirements:
- Education – Minimum Graduation / Post Graduation is required in any field.
- Experience – Freshers / Experienced both are eligible. While Applicant with No industrial HR experience can also apply for this Certification Scheme
Certification of Non-Member / Other Training Institute Students
As per the certification scheme, it is not mandatory that the candidates must complete the certification body’s (IIHR) own education or training as an exclusive prerequisite when alternative education or training with an equivalent outcome exists. Any students who completed the training (online or offline) with any other institution across the world can directly apply for the certification from IIHR.
Students from other institutions must submit the necessary training or education evidence documents such as Course Completion Certificate, Training Certification or any other documents certified by the other institution etc. at the time of admission as well as they must follow the examination system defined by IIHR as per the certification scheme to get certified.
Certification Exam Options
You have the option of taking your CHRG®, CHRP® and CHRM® certification exams in-person at an authorized testing center or from home through live online exams. Once you complete the IIHR certification application process, you will receive an Authorization Email with instructions on how to schedule your exam date and delivery options.
SAME CERTIFICATION EXAMS, TWO OPTIONS
Both Online & In Person exam options offer the same exam with the same level of service and support and same international recognition. Your certification will not show that you have taken the Online / In Person Exams.
Take your exam written handbook or on a PC in a controlled location with staff assistance available as needed from IIHR Institutions or Education Partners
Take your exam indoor from your home on a laptop. You will get an email with instructions and username & password before 10 minutes of your exam.
The following general eligibility criteria, listed below, also apply:
- HR-related experience relates to work in any of the 15 functional areas of HR knowledge which comprise the technical competency HR Expertise
- Applicants are not required to hold an HR title. The critical factor in determining eligibility is your HR-related work as opposed to your job title.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they devoted at least 1,000 hours to HR-related activities in any calendar year to qualify as having a year of HR-related experience. More than 1,000 hours in a calendar year does not equate to more than 1 year of experience.
- Part-time work qualifies as long as the 1,000-hour standard is met within a calendar year.
- Individuals who have mixed roles—for example, office managers who have both administrative and HR responsibilities—may also have qualifying experience, as long as HR-related duties total at least 1,000 hours in a calendar year. Supervising employees in and of itself is not considered qualifying HR-related experience.
- Experience may be either exempt or nonexempt.
- Individuals who are HR consultants may demonstrate qualifying experience through the HR-related duties they perform for their clients. Contracted hours must total at least 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- HRPA or IIHR membership is not required.
- IIHR Training is not mandatory
Students who are enrolled in their final year of an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college or university that has been approved by IIHR’s Academic Initiatives staff as being aligned to IIHR’s curriculum guidelines are eligible to sit for the CHRG exam. Students must also have accumulated at least 500 hours of an internship or practical HR experience and must be in good standing with their school.